Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#750872 - 06/18/12 08:26 PM Need to transfer divorce decree from FL to GA
444drw Offline

recently joined

Registered: 06/18/12
Posts: 1
We were divorced in FL about 8 years ago but since then, my ex has moved to GA and resided there with the children for at least 5-6 years. I moved to another state as well and now we need to update the child support order but have been advised we should move the decree to GA. Does it really matter which state it's based in, if I don't live in the state anyway? And if it does matter, how does one go about transferring the divorce decree from FL to GA? Help is greatly appreciated!

#750873 - 06/19/12 04:08 AM Re: Need to transfer divorce decree from FL to GA [Re: 444drw]
Renny Offline


Registered: 09/24/11
Posts: 479
You file a petition for modifification and domestication of the Florida divorce decree. Ga is the home state of the children and has jurisdiction. It matters what state the children live in for purposes of child upport.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: