Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#752811 - 08/09/12 01:18 AM Girl friends ex behind $11k
bretrx7 Offline


Registered: 12/27/09
Posts: 43
I am trying to get some info on what the courts in MD are thinking. I pay support in Va and when I was behind about $3k was picked up and taken to jail. My Girlfriend and her ex live in MD. He is now behind about $11k since he quit 3 jobs in the last year. MD sends him letters saying they will pull his license and then he pays something and they let it go. She went to court to see about moving to Va to live with me and they said no. He now is paying something each month but is still so far behind. Today she found out her hours are being cut back to three days a week. If she could move in with me in Va she would not need to make as much money and be able to provide better for her child. Her ex does still have partial custody and that is way MD said she cannot leave the state. Makes no damn sense to me that he does not pay and nothing happens and the mother and child suffer. And to top it off her ex's wife is now pregnant. Any ideas?

#752812 - 01/28/13 10:55 PM Re: Girl friends ex behind $11k [Re: bretrx7]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Registered: 01/05/11
Posts: 863
Move to MD. There really is no other solution.

#752813 - 01/07/14 07:55 PM Re: Girl friends ex behind $11k [Re: MinnesotaMom]
bretrx7 Offline


Registered: 12/27/09
Posts: 43
I own my own home and business in Va so that is not an option.

#752814 - 01/10/14 01:24 PM Re: Girl friends ex behind $11k [Re: bretrx7]
BeachBabeRN Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 01/17/06
Posts: 3236
Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
Then you have a problem -- I understand why you think it would be better for your GF to move to be with you but what about her child? If he's seeing the child, then that trumps pretty much everything --

Your GF will have to pick up another job and do what she can to make ends meet. Why don't you supplement her income by sending her extra money? Or is that not possible?

She could give custody of the child to the father and SHE could move.....but I'm supposing that's not an option either. Keep in mind that IF she moved to be with you and the two of you didn't work out, then what happens? She has to start over again?

You could rent out your home and pay someone to help you run your business.....or is that not possible either?


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: