Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#753984 - 09/19/12 02:05 AM Post decree child support
Chidad74 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 09/19/12
Posts: 1
Its been 2 years since the divorce is final. My ex is not the nicest of people and is taking me back to court to modify the child support. I've only received about a $2000 raise since we originally setup the payment amount. I have 2 kids and pay 28%. Is she able to take me back every year and modify the small amount I get every year? Appreciate all the help!

#753985 - 07/12/13 11:24 AM Re: Post decree child support [Re: Chidad74]
fauxname Offline

recently joined

Registered: 07/12/13
Posts: 2
Unfortunately, yes. She can also file the motion at any time in the future, retroactive all the way back to when the divorce case was filed.

#753986 - 07/12/13 11:13 PM Re: Post decree child support [Re: fauxname]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Registered: 01/05/11
Posts: 879
Not true. As long as a court order for support is already in place, it can be retroactive to the time she she applies for the change, and NOT to when they were divorced.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: