Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#761531 - 04/12/13 10:03 PM name change after judgement of legal separation
jburcope Offline

recently joined

Registered: 04/12/13
Posts: 1
My judgement of legal separation states that I would keep my married name but I've changed my mind and want to change it back to my maiden name. We are not yet divorced. Can I submit something so that I can have my name changed when the divorce is filed - I'm trying to avoid paying a large fee after the divorce goes through. Also, I'm going to let him file for the divorce since he can afford the legal fees and I can't. We are not on speaking terms.


#761532 - 04/17/13 03:20 PM Re: name change after judgement of legal separation [Re: jburcope]
BeachBabeRN Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 01/17/06
Posts: 3236
Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
Your documents can certainly state that you may take back your maiden name -- but there's not a need to formally **change** it with a court proceeding.

Make sure that gets into your final divorce decree and you're set.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: