Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#763849 - 07/29/13 09:26 AM Re: Can I do anything about the games? [Re: finz]
COURTRJ Offline

recently joined

Loc: MN
I decided to sign them up for soccer and just let my ex disappoint them by not taking them sometimes. They are still small enough that they won't get "benched" for missing. Done worrying about that. When they are older and care about that they can call me for a ride.

As for the phone thing I was just trying not to be a jerk about him wanting to talk to my son. When I found out he was just circumventing me I won't fall for that again.

I really appreciated the advice.

The early drop off thing still really bugs me. He lives 10 minutes away seriously it's not like there's traffic. When the kids are gone that is my time to get things done. We're not talking about 5 minutes, it's 20-30 minutes. Tonight we took our baby for a walk and got home at 8:27. Drop off is 830. They weren't back yet. I thought oh great he finally got the message. Nope, when they came in at 837, It was "where were you guys we were here and no one was home so we had to go to target." I just want my last 30 minutes! Once in a while fine but every time come on.

I have tried to put deadlines on things for him to respond he takes that offensively. He won't e-mail with me, only text or paper. "Talking is pretty much out of the question.

Thanks again there were some really valid points here.

#763850 - 07/31/13 10:00 PM Re: Can I do anything about the games? [Re: COURTRJ]
c_jane Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: In the Great State of Texas
How about keeping a record of when he brings the kids back? Make it VERY obvious. Ask the kids or him oh, what time were you first here? Hmmm, let me just jot that down.

If he asks why are you writing that down? Just say you want a record that he's not using his entire time for the NEXT time y'all go back to court!

#763851 - 08/12/13 08:09 AM Re: Can I do anything about the games? [Re: c_jane]
COURTRJ Offline

recently joined

Loc: MN
There's an awesome idea. Love it. It might cause a fight but I bet it would stop the early drop offs.

#763852 - 10/26/15 10:37 AM Re: Can I do anything about the games? [Re: finz]
misty321 Offline

recently joined

finz, you are sounding weird and hostile. She is having trouble getting the man to communicate about important parenting issues within a reasonable timeframe or at all. Her attempts to contact him and initiate the conversations are responsible parenting.

OP, if there's a mediation clause in your decree, use it. Bring him in to discuss the issue of passive-aggressively ignoring the texts. Decide on a range of parenting issues that require his cooperation and agree to it.

If you can't do that, document your efforts to involve him, let him know that you must make decisions if he will not reply, and then make the decisions on your own. If he challenges them later, you have the documentation showing that you tried to work with him but he refused to answer. I would suggest using more than one means of communication for making the requests -- if he doesn't answer texts, email and/or call as well with a notification that you will be making a decision by [deadline] and you would appreciate having his input, and that if you do not hear from him by then you will assume that he is fine with whatever decision you make. Send a copy of the message to your lawyer.

As for activities, if he's unreliable about transportation, arrange the transportation on your own and schedule them for your time with the kids.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: