Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#763871 - 07/17/13 03:07 PM Crushed
jaysun1970 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 07/17/13
Posts: 1
In March we had our 20th anniversary. about a month later she began to act differently tward me. A check of cell phone logs revealed an affair. I hired a private investigator and have photographs and have recently found out the boyfriend is a convicted felon who has been arrested for burglary many times. We have two kids aged 13 and 16. I really don't want this man around my kids but i don't know what i can do if anything. She refuses counseling and is convinced he is a changed man and that I'm at fault

#763872 - 07/18/13 08:49 PM Re: Crushed [Re: jaysun1970]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Registered: 01/05/11
Posts: 949
You need an attorney yesterday.

#763873 - 07/23/15 12:00 AM Re: Crushed [Re: jaysun1970]
TJMH Offline


Registered: 07/17/15
Posts: 349
Full custody (with reasonable visitation by mom alone) and a restraining order, ASAP. Let him try to convince a judge that he's a "changed man".

After that, try not to let your hurt get in the way of getting the the divorce done. Don't bother trying to punish your ex through the divorce process, it's not worth the trouble and expense it causes for you. It's a lot easier on everyone if you just keep it business.

Edited by TJMH (07/23/15 12:02 AM)

#763874 - 08/16/15 12:52 PM Re: Crushed [Re: TJMH]
Goodmom Offline

Registered: 06/17/07
Posts: 2202
In order to keep him away, you would have to prove that he is a danger to the kids. Having a record for burglary is not grounds for a restraining order or even a change in custody. Nor does it prove that he is a danger to the kids.

Being a convicted child sex offender is a different story.

#773642 - 06/03/17 11:30 AM Re: Crushed [Re: jaysun1970]
100Divorce Offline
recently joined

Registered: 06/03/17
Posts: 3
Hold on to that evidence, but do not provide it to your wife. It seems likely that you and she are headed toward divorce, and you would like for her to believe you can prove she has committed adultery but not be exactly sure what the evidence is. It's better leverage for you that way.

I agree with Goodmom that you have insufficient evidence for a restraining order. Focus instead on accomplishing a cooperative divorce that gives you good time with the children and is economically advantageous for you.
Lee Borden - Divorceinfo

#773649 - 06/06/17 01:00 AM Re: Crushed [Re: jaysun1970]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Registered: 01/05/11
Posts: 949
The post you are responding to is from 2013 and it's the only post they ever had. I doubt they are still around.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: