Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#769335 - 01/24/15 12:53 AM Question
Lina4470 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 01/24/15
Posts: 1
My 60 day wait is over.. November 4th was 60 days.. Now my final judgment papers are just sitting there waiting on the freaking judge to sign them.. How long can my papers just sir there,..legally? My attorneys assisstant says they can sit there for 6 months legally.. I think that is some BS! Its a no fault divorce in hinds co ms.. Does anyone know if this is fact or fiction??

#769336 - 01/27/15 04:25 PM Re: Question [Re: Lina4470]
LSP1981 Offline

recently joined

Registered: 01/27/15
Posts: 1
I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. My divorce is in Hinds County as well. My 60 days were up on November 9th and Judge William Singletary signed the papers on November 20th finalizing the no fault divorce. Once my 60 days were up, my attorney called the chancery court and set up a court date. From what my attorney told me, each judge has 1 day a week for Ex Parte (where your attorney takes your papers to the judge on your behalf instead of the husband and wife having to go to court). It sounds to me like your attorney (or the assistant) isn't very experienced...they just need to call the chancery court and make an appointment!

Good luck! I hope that you can get this finalized soon!


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: