Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#769474 - 02/17/15 02:49 AM He wants the whole tax refund
Frustr8ted Offline

recently joined

Registered: 02/17/15
Posts: 1
I have been married for 3 years and have 2 children. In November, my husband moved out. He did not earn much money and I earned even less, under the table. Filing our taxes married jointly, we (he) qualifies for some EIC and child tax credits, which gives a sizable refund....,much more than he paid in taxes. I worked from home and also provided full time care for both of my children, and still do. He wants the whole return for himself. Am I allowed any of it? I live in Connecticut

#769475 - 02/18/15 10:17 PM Re: He wants the whole tax refund [Re: Frustr8ted]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Registered: 01/05/11
Posts: 859
The amount should be split. To note, if you want to have a sizable return in the future, you will need to have earned income showing on your tax return.


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: