Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#769876 - 05/17/15 01:18 PM Enforce Child Visitation by Police?
asfasf Offline

Registered: 02/02/08
Posts: 109
On my Final Decree of Divorce, it says I have the child weekly from Friday 6pm - Saturday 6pm, and Wednesday from 4:30-7:30pm.

Ex uses the excuse of taking child to activities to deny my Wednesday visit. I went to ex's home last Wednesday but nobody answered the door. My child told me later she was upstairs.

According to my lawyer, I can file for Motion to Enforce, which takes time, or I can call police to enforce.

How does it work in Virginia, do I call 911 at ex's door if she doesn't respond, or do I need to talk to police in advance? Does police get involved in this kind of calls?


#769877 - 06/09/15 01:52 PM Re: Enforce Child Visitation by Police? [Re: asfasf]
BeachBabeRN Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 01/17/06
Posts: 3236
Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
Virginia police won't intervene in what is rightfully a civil matter.

You'll have to head back to court for contempt and visitation being withheld. If she's in activities on your Wednesday visits, you ARE going to them, aren't you? No one can make you leave.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: