Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771689 - 04/17/16 11:20 PM Out of State alimony judgement
Nona Offline

recently joined

Registered: 04/17/16
Posts: 1
My husband and i lived in SC for 17 years. He still lives there in our 300,000 home and everything in it.
I have no family there so when things fell apart over a year ago i had to come to Louisiana. He makes very good money and has never helped me with a penny. Took me off all verdit cards and acc before i even made it here.
I now have a judgement from the courts here for him to pay me 800.00 a month to begin is 9/15.
He has not and refuses to pay.
HOW do i get this judgement enforced in SC?
He is $5,000 in arrears now.
we have no minor kids left.
we were married 26 years.
I was a stay at home mom of 4 kids,as per we agreed, for the entire 26 years
I have come out of this marriage without even a CAR to get a job and have been walking to an $8.00 an hour job for over a year and can no longer take it!!

#771690 - 04/18/16 10:10 PM Re: Out of State alimony judgement [Re: Nona]
TJMH Offline


Registered: 07/17/15
Posts: 349
There are a couple of ways to force payment, but I don't think any of them are easy if he's resistant.

You can go back to court and have him charged with contempt of court for failing to observe the support order.

You can sue him for the arrears. Since you've got a court order already you'll probably win, and can probably have all the court costs and legal fees assigned to him.

You may also be able to have the judge order that his wages be garnished.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: