Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772673 - 10/12/16 01:04 AM Clueless
LIMT Offline

recently joined

Registered: 10/12/16
Posts: 1
I filed for divorce about a year ago and I have no idea what to do. My husband relapsed from drugs and left over a year ago. I have no idea where he is. Last I heard he was on the streets doing drugs. He visits his mom occasionally so I sent the divorce papers there. I have no idea if he go them or not but I'm pretty sure he didn't sign them. What do I do now?

#772674 - 10/12/16 05:34 PM Re: Clueless [Re: LIMT]
TJMH Offline


Registered: 07/17/15
Posts: 349
I'm pretty sure you can get a no-fault divorce without cooperation from your husband, but you'll probably need a lawyer to walk you through the steps.

It may be possible to represent yourself and do a lot of the legwork (filing papers with the court, etc.) with a lawyer advising you rather than representing you--this might be a lower cost route than having the lawyer do everything for you.

Initial consult with a lawyer is usually free so if I were in your shoes that would be my next step, and soon.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: