Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772879 - 01/06/17 01:38 AM Not fulfilling divorce decree
BAL Offline
recently joined

Registered: 01/06/17
Posts: 1
During our divorce we agreed upon mediation and completed the divorce this past May, so 8 months ago...we in the split of property my ex-wife was suppose to give me copies of all the family photos. It's been 8 months and I have received about 1/20th of all the photos and those where my family photos when I was a kid. So what recourse do I have to get her to give me the photos. I pay child support through the state and pay half of her mortgage every month

#772880 - 01/06/17 02:44 PM Re: Not fulfilling divorce decree [Re: BAL]
TJMH Offline


Registered: 07/17/15
Posts: 349
Whatever you do, DON'T stop paying anything that's court-ordered. This is REALLY a case where two wrongs don't make a right.

About all you can really do on the legal front is take her to court and get her cited for contempt. Probably all she'd get in the first round is a good scolding from the judge. But if you were also violating the order in retaliation you'd get a scolding also, plus potentially something like garnishment of your wages.

Maybe a better approach would be to offer to help facilitate getting the copies made. There are several services out there these days that transfer photos to electronic media.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: