I was officially divorced in 2009. It was the ex who originally filed for divorce. After the requisite year and a day passed (NC), she didn't file for the divorce. My attorney and I waited and waited for what we figured was inevitable. Months passed an no divorce. So I filed for the divorce under a separate action with a separate case number. I received absolute divorce, but was not permitted to address the issues of alimony, child support and division of property.
Eight years later, we still haven't dealt with the house. I was going to file a motion to compel but then an attorney advised me to petition for partition. Does anyone have any experience with this partitioning of a house?