Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771519 - 02/28/16 08:05 PM claiming retirement pay on taxes paid to ex spouse
JimBob Offline

recently joined

Registered: 02/28/16
Posts: 3
I had to pay my ex-spouse a portion of my retirement before DFAS began automaticallty deducting it from my check. How/where do I claim what I paid her on my taxes?

#774022 - 10/25/17 10:25 PM Re: claiming retirement pay on taxes paid to ex spouse [Re: JimBob]
JeremyR Offline
recently joined

Registered: 10/25/17
Posts: 3
Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Line 31 of IRS form 1040. You will need her SS number in order to do so.


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: