Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#774176 - 12/26/17 07:17 PM Should I leave my wife?
Lance Offline
recently joined

I'm not sure why I ask this question because I already know the answer. I've been a flawed husband, but even in bad times I've always showed love and support for my wife.

My wife has always been extremely cold and uncaring. Even with our kids. I don't think she has a nurturing bone in her body. She is extremely high strung and quick to anger. She is also extremely unhappy.

Against my better judgment, I bought my wife her 'dream home' even though it was overpriced and in an area that I wasn't especially crazy about. While I knew that buying the house would be a mistake, I didn't realize just how big a mistake it would truly turn out to be.

I have failed my wife. I have failed to make her happy and I am tired of her constant abrasiveness, lack of affection and lack of support.

#774177 - 12/27/17 08:31 PM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: Lance]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Whether you leave or not is up to you, but know it's not your job to make her happy. If she's unhappy, that's on her.

#774252 - 01/24/18 06:51 AM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: Lance]
kenpatric Offline
recently joined

If someone is not happy with himself, he/she wouldn't be happy with anyone either.

I'm not sure but I highly doubt things may still work out if you involve a psychiatrist or psychologist to really make sure if it something that can be treated with therapy or something. Worth a shot.

#774388 - 02/28/18 03:17 PM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: Lance]
ChristATL Offline
recently joined

Lance your in the same situation, or similar situation, that I am in. I have been married for 15 years and even though I have done quite a few things wrong my current wife is also the same as you described. Very angry all the time and abrasive towards well, everyone and everything. That's the short summary of it.

I too am clearly flawed and I am admitting to my failures. The difference here is that I acknowledge my flaws where my wife will not, will never, or ever.

I think hearing your story has giving me hope because I have fallen into that trap of thinking I am the only one going through this, but hearing just a small portion of what you are experiencing makes me realize I am not.
I personally think after much research on the subject that while it stinks, its probably time.

Thank you and keep us informed.

#774725 - 06/12/18 10:50 PM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: ChristATL]
dpete2676 Offline
recently joined

Loc: detroit, michigan
dont give up guys and girls! there is hope about! i was in your same shoes with my wife! she wouldnt communicate. she constantly gave me the cold shoulder. she found a way to find something negative in even the most positive of experiences. it was rough. very very rough i can say. and sometimes in your spouses depression they can drag you down which changes you and creates more turmoil in the downward spiraling marriage. remember...YOU were BOTH happy at one point and it can and will happen again. pick your head up and fight for whats yours. dont listen to the gurus or the basic stuff u see offered so freely on the internet. most of it is garbage and doesnt work. my marriage was saved by the following link and yours can be too! HIT THE LINK! https://bit.ly/2MnJ9or

#774729 - 06/13/18 12:46 AM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: Lance]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Spam and against terms of service.

#774733 - 06/13/18 02:59 PM Re: Should I leave my wife? [Re: MinnesotaMom]
dpete2676 Offline
recently joined

Loc: detroit, michigan
im actually a member and a real person? ive faced the same struggles as all of you and still daily push to keep my marriage alive. i was simply sharing a link that was shared with me and helped me. do with it what you want. some people may not like to take that route. me, i was willing to try anything to fix my marriage and keep my family together. different strokes for different folks. i just started an account and will be an active poster here, finishing my profile today.
but my link isnt spam. its directly associated with the discussion at hand and was posted by a real active member. its not against the rules to link people to things that will help them. this is a forum dedicated to helping people save their marriage.
if you recommend a counselor and give a link to their website is it spam?
if i give you the link to a divorce lawyer is it spam?
i think the problem here is more in what you "think" you know and making assumptions than it is actual facts. i dont quite know why you got so offended but i apologize that u did.
all it is is a book that helped me and my wife. this site and forums are for information and sharing things whether it be experiences or tools to help each other. i have different tools and links and articles of my own waiting to be published as well on the topic that are completely free, am i not going to be able to link people to my completely free tools tips and tricks? i find that to go against everything this site is for.
if i was a robot coming in dropping one line links on EVERY post than yeah it would be spam, but thats not the case.
have a great day and see you around :)

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: