Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#774658 - 05/14/18 07:05 PM Leased Car / Washington State
MTIMKO Offline
recently joined

I was wandering if anyone has any knowledge on this issue. My fiance' had a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder leased in her ex husbands name. The lease is up this December and she needed to get rid of it early due to being needed for our growing family and traded it for a GMC Yukon 2 weeks ago. In the divorce paperwork, it states that the vehicle will be in her possession and her responsibility. Well after she traded it in 2 weeks ago, the dealership is calling her back saying her ex-husband will not sign the documents they sent him and she needs to return the vehicle ASAP. Is there anything we can do here? We do not want the pathfinder back and she has whatever negative finances came about with this trade were all added onto her loan, so it wouldn't financially affect him.

#774661 - 05/15/18 05:39 PM Re: Leased Car / Washington State [Re: MTIMKO]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

You have 2 choices. One, go to court and force his signature (which will be ordered). Have the documents with you and it will be done. Problem is, it could take 6 months to have a hearing.

The other choice is to offer $100 to him to sign the papers. He will probably say no, I want $200. Pay the money, get the signature.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: