Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#774857 - 08/02/18 02:28 AM Nassau County Sheriff called me tell me get papers
troubledMid40guy Offline
recently joined

Registered: 08/02/18
Posts: 1
Sheriff in Nassau called me telling me that I'm being served papers. I didn't answer first time and 2nd time I answered. came up with no caller ID. The guy gave me the number to the sheriff department to call to make sure they are legit. I lived at a place but I moved out and the landlord from that place told me they tried to serve me.

I found out that it's Nassau county family court. So my question is: If I didn't answer the phone and they could not serve me because I wasn't around, what would they have done. It's not a warrant for an arrest but I could see that it may be that my ex is trying to get more child support money or ask for more money for expenses.

I want to know if I was in another country or in another state and they couldn't served me and I didn't answer the phone, what would have happened. now that I was told I would go pick up the papers they were trying to serve me with.

#774920 - 09/09/18 04:56 PM Re: Nassau County Sheriff called me tell me get papers [Re: troubledMid40guy]
NancyD Offline

Registered: 06/03/05
Posts: 2117
Loc: New York
At a certain point, your ex would go to court and win by default. If you have valid reasons to dispute additional CS or expenses, I wouldn't let it slide. But from what I know, it's rare that additional CS is rejected by the family court.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: