Hi, thank you so much in advance. I hope I can be a mutual help as I get thru this process

I filed in court for divorce first, but she served me first for separation. I am just wondering if I should just ignore my filing and respond to hers but change it to a request for divorce. I want to be as amicable as possible, and not too worried about her asking for more than 50/50 but just not sure if I can just piggy back on hers (since it is separation and I want divorce).
any help would be appreciated