Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#775154 - 01/21/19 09:58 PM Vacation time
mtb Offline
recently joined

Today my ex texted me asking if he could have THREE STRAIGHT weeks in the summer with our son for vacation to take him on a road trip across country. I told him no way and he then threw back that I would deny my son seeing national parks and the western part of the country. Such a guilt tripper. This is too much time with his father. We have always done week on/week off in the summer. Even when I took my son to Europe for a vacation I made sure to keep it to a week. I don’t think it is reasonable to ask for this much time in the summer and my kid shouldn’t be away from me that long. Our order says we can have three weeks that are uninterrupted (i.e. no midweek visits) in the summer but i never thought he would do three straight weeks. How quickly can I get the court to move to stop this from happening?

#775155 - 01/21/19 11:43 PM Re: Vacation time [Re: mtb]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

I highly suspect you would be unsuccessful in court and you will also be ordered to pay his attorney costs.

Your agreement says 3 weeks straight in the summer. and if you don't comply, you are in contempt of court. With that you risk losing custody altogether.

Your reason of: "I don't think he should be away from me that long" will not be considered reasonable.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: