Hi. New member.

I have a question about time sharing and I am told it is a strange one. When my divorce finalized, my ex and I agreed to a 50/50 time sharing agreement based on a 2-2-3 schedule. Child support was calculated based on 50/50 time sharing.
After about 6 months, we jointly agreed to switch to a 4-3 schedule with me taking the kids Thurs-Sunday and her having them Mon-Wed. This was primarily due to one childs age. Too old for daycare, to young to be home alone.
Fast forward 2 years. I have continuously asked (roughly quarterly) to switch back to the agreed schedule. There is no issue with care anymore. No reason not to be 50/50. The current situation results in my ex seeing the kids on weeknights and me having them on all weekends. This may sound like a small difference but providing for all kids needs Friday-Sunday is MUCH more expensive than doing it 3 weeknights. On top of this I am paying support that assumes 50/50 and rotating weekends.
In addition, the ex uses the weekends to go on hikes, travel, see concerts, do whatever she likes besides parent. Meanwhile, If I wish to have a free weekend, I have to go to her hat in hand.
I am not sure what to do here. The simple answer is to file a motion for contempt and see that she adheres to the schedule.
I would appreciate any advice you can offer.