Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#775083 - 12/13/18 04:48 PM Grandparents requesting time outside custodial
Pamom1234 Offline
recently joined

My ex in-laws have repeated asked to have my daughter on my custody days. They see her on a regular basis when she is with my ex. But they insist that they should be allowed to request time with her on occasions when my ex didn’t feel like making arrangements with me to switch days, etc. they say that because they are asking I should comply, that it has nothing to do with my ex. I’m tired of him having his parents guilt trip me in giving my daughter to them when he doesn’t want to do a “trade” or Amy other concessions. I’ve blended over backwards for them and him and I’m tired of his games. The custody agreement is between my ex and I, not them. They don’t feel they need to follow the agreement. My MIL finally said she would bad mouth me to my daughter, which I’m tired of her doing too. Am I overreacting or am I ok with standing my ground?

#775086 - 12/14/18 11:43 AM Re: Grandparents requesting time outside custodial [Re: Pamom1234]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Stand your ground. They have no say in the court order and have no court ordered parenting time.

#775219 - 02/23/19 02:00 PM Re: Grandparents requesting time outside custodial [Re: Pamom1234]
NeverEnds2016 Offline
recently joined

Sounds like the grandparents want to remain unaffected by their sons divorce. Nope. Everybody loses. ☹️

#775455 - 05/24/19 06:38 AM Re: Grandparents requesting time outside custodial [Re: Pamom1234]
Taryn Offline
recently joined

Grandparents do not have parental rights. And they should never bad mouth anyone to your children. Inexcusable. Keep your kid on your time. If they start being nicer maybe consider it, but not unless it is convenient for you. You no longer have to make it work for them, they are no longer family, and clearly don't treat you as such. Good luck

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: