Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#775241 - 03/04/19 03:33 AM visitation with toddlers paternal mother/family
Rosanne Offline
recently joined

Loc: Nj, USA
2 months ago, i won sole custody of my 3.5 year old daughter after her father’s mother had custody of her for almost 2 years. Her grandma requested visitation with her once a month on a Saturday night which i agreed to. Me and my daughter live about 1:45 mins away from her grandma and she went on her first visit to her house since she has been back living with me. I thought things were getting better since the transition from the move seemed to be finally calming down, but today after picking her up from grandmas she is very upset about leaving her and their family and has been acting out misbehaving as well. HAs anyone else ever been through a similar situation? I really need some guidance and peace of mind with this whole situation. I’m scared that my daughter is starting to resent me and doesn’t want to live with me. Hopefully someone can help me out with some advice !! Thanks

#775247 - 03/04/19 07:02 PM Re: visitation with toddlers paternal mother/family [Re: Rosanne]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

It's very common for toddlers to react this way when leaving either home. Your thinking your daughter is resenting you is irrational. Let it be. Everything will be fine.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: