Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#775324 - 04/01/19 07:16 PM Ex lied on affidavit - what to do
jal2019 Offline
recently joined

I am taking my ex of 6 years back to court for CS modification.Upon the printing of initial divorce decree, I see that he lied about his income by at least 50%(he still works the same job) and also got a $120 month credit for providing health insurance. He has only carried insurance the past 15 months and makes even more money now. I willingly took a lesser paying job closer to home 5 years ago and did not request modification since I willingly took the salary decrease. In August of 2017, I lost my job. I still did not take him back for a modification. In our divorce settlement, we agreed that our son would attend private school which I paid out of the $520 a month child support. I have since taken a part time job and filed for a modification. My current husband takes care of my son. My question is, should I pursue actions since he lied on his affidavit when we first divorced? This man thinks the world revolves around him. I have been more than fair. He is adamant that our son stay in private school which takes up all but about $20 of monthly support.

#775326 - 04/01/19 11:27 PM Re: Ex lied on affidavit - what to do [Re: jal2019]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Did he provide a current tax return? That's what the court will go by. As for private school, does your decree address it? If not, you can put him in public school, although I wouldn't without seeing an attorney first.

#775329 - 04/02/19 01:53 PM Re: Ex lied on affidavit - what to do [Re: jal2019]
jal2019 Offline
recently joined

I am going to have past tax returns subpoenaed. Yes, our divorce decree states that the child remain in private school. I feel like that cannot be mandated if he's not helping pay for it. I am just wondering if they would retro the child support once it's proven to the court that he lied on the affidavit.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: