Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#774780 - 06/29/18 03:28 PM Overvaluation of assets
asfdasddfadsdsfa Offline
recently joined

Wife and I agreed to get an amicable divorce, not spend a lot on lawyers, not fight about property, etc. So I was helpful with her moving out, letting her come and go as she pleased and take anything she wanted. Then she filed against me, itemized every little thing she left behind as a shared asset and left off everything she took. She listed a monetary value in most cases double, and in some cases more than 10 times the actual value.

My lawyer hasn't addressed this yet, conversations are very expensive, and my ex has done a lot more dishonest and urgent things we need to deal with first. But does anyone on here have experience with this? Doesn't there have to be some safeguards? For example, can I say a pair of high heels she bought for $50 is worth $50000, just because she threw away the receipt?

#775382 - 04/11/19 11:23 PM Re: Overvaluation of assets [Re: asfdasddfadsdsfa]
ConTend Offline
recently joined

I am no expert but since your "amicable" is out the window if you already have the lawyers involved, you are at their mercy and just hope and pray they don't take everything that she leaves you 😑

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: