I’m told that I can file for temporary support through Juvenile Court (Virginia) while the terms of the marital settlement are worked out. Am I able to do this without a lawyer?
If so, would I represent myself and provide the judge with our financial records and what the monthly expenses are? (not sure this is such a wise idea...)
I am 66 and took care of our daughter and my Mom for the past 20 years. He is 75, has been the financial provider, and is still working (he’s in good health) and plans to for the next couple of years.