Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#8865 - 02/02/05 08:06 PM Schedule of Assets and Debts-Help!
overtherainbow Offline
enthusiast

Loc: New England
How in tarnation do I fill this out about household furnishing appliances and furniture ?. Do I have to put how much each is worth? Is it better to low ball( give a lower reasonable estimate than a higher one) if I am gonna try and remain in the house?
He took all the financial records with him so I can't fill out last years tax refund, account balances. Anyone have any experience with this form. I mean he's got the financial papers so I can't fill it out the exact finances.
Do you have to list everything you own together --kayaks, teloscope, binoculars cameras or just the big stuff?
Perplexed

#8866 - 02/02/05 08:58 PM Re: Schedule of Assets and Debts-Help! [Re: overtherainbow]
Plum Offline
enthusiast

I would try to be honest, while low-balling. I'd include anything either of you might want to fight over, anything of value.

Could you contact your bank/s and creditors to get the balances? This will be marital assets and debts that will be divided, and you don't want to get lowballed there. It's also a good idea to know these numbers now so that you know there was, say, $3K in the account at XBank -- and later, if there's only $200, he can't say that was the balance all along.

#8867 - 02/21/05 05:02 AM Re: Schedule of Assets and Debts-Help! [Re: Plum]
Diane67 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: California
I was told by my lawyer to list everything and put down what I would expect to pay for it at a garage sale. My stbx has not said anything to the contrary. Yet.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: