Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#90601 - 03/22/06 05:41 PM Divorce time-lines
bigunit Offline
recently joined

Divorce petition filed 4.5 months back
Spouse responded 3.5 months back
Conducted one settlement meeting 1 month ago and put an offer on the table, the other party said they would think over it and respond back. Haven't heard from them since the meeting. Does the court has some time-line for completing the attempt for settlement? Will the court ask for status update from both parties after a certain time from the day the case was filed?

plz. advice

#90602 - 03/23/06 03:00 AM Re: Divorce time-lines [Re: bigunit]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
The court generally doesn't doing anything unless there hasn't been any activity for like a year...then they send out a notice and if there is no response from either party, they dismiss the case.

What you can do is write the STBX a letter (send certified with return receipt) and give her say...two weeks to respond. If she doesn't, the file a Motion to Set and Certificate of Readiness with the courts. You can find the form at:
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ssc/forms/civil_gnt5.asp

Make sure you serve the other party.

You should get a hearing date and if they don't show, then you request a "default":

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ssc/forms/fc_dr6.asp

#90603 - 03/23/06 03:47 PM Re: Divorce time-lines [Re: Gecko]
bigunit Offline
recently joined

Thx for the info Gecko.

I looked at the paperwork and it says it is filed if there is a disagreement. Now in my case there is no agreement yet but there is no "negative reponse" (or disagreement) as well. Is there any way I can ask the court to just force a response from the other party? I would like to use all the options b4 setting this for trial. Sent SBTX a letter 3 week ago and demanded a response in 2 weeks, but no response yet.

#90604 - 03/26/06 08:43 PM Re: Divorce time-lines [Re: bigunit]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
Is there any way I can ask the court to just force a response from the other party?

---> No...the court cannot compel a response. If she has passed the 20 days to respend, then file for a "default".

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: