Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#9545 - 02/22/05 11:51 PM I really need some advice on Georgia law...
lisa73 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Georgia
My husband left for a business trip in August to go to another country and while he was gone my two daughters and I closed on and moved into the house we bought before he left. When he came home at Christmas he told me he wanted a divorce and was evil to me. He then returned back to his trip and has not sent me one red cent for groceries, etc. He has always been the provider for the family. He was supposed to return late March and now he tells me he signed up for more time over there and it may be May before he comes home or maybe even later. He flat out refused to tell me when he is coming back to the states. I need to know what I can do about having him held responsible. Any ideas??

Lisa

#9546 - 03/16/05 04:35 PM Re: I really need some advice on Georgia law... [Re: lisa73]
downforthecount Offline

Georgia is an equitable state. That means you get half of everything if not more if you go to court. As for him not being around, you can still file for divorce. If you go to a book store, there are plenty of books that will help you in the divorce process. It will be in the law section. It was vary helpful for me.

I know that you are having a hard time emotionaly and financially but one thing that you need to do is depend on family and friends for this support.

#9547 - 01/23/08 07:14 PM Re: I really need some advice on Georgia law... [Re: downforthecount]
toomuchtograsp Offline
recently joined

I think abandonment is one of the grounds and you might want to look further into the law to see exactly how it is defined.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: